If you can support our ministry efforts financially (link), in light of the current construction expenses we are undergoing, it would be most appreciated. However, if you would like a way to donate to our outreach in a non-financial means, here are some suggestions.
One of the best ways to support this mission project is to promote it within your own church or membership group. We would love to host your mission team, as that is the intent of this building project, so that you can provide directly, participate in person, with the people of Peru. Please contact us so we can talk to your mission coordinator, express what we are about, and what needs can be fulfilled by a mission trip. That is the first and foremost non-financial support that you can provide. Pass the Word, and let's all participate, with the mission as a base to work out of.
Further, beyond sending missionaries and the immediate construction expenses, our most popular item of outreach is to bring the (Spanish) Word of God to Peru. If you would rather donate other than cash, here is a great way of helping! Listed below are a few of the (children oriented) items that we like to bring (although spanish adult bibles are also of great need! Currently shopping for 50 complete bibles to use for worship services, OT & NT, in spanish).
- Listed below are a couple well priced sources: BiblicaDirect or Pocket testament League are two great sources of spanish scriptures that we have used (see suggestions below)
- Inform others about our Amazon link ... where a percent of your purchase price is passed on to our mission efforts!!
- One other evangelism item that we can't get enough of are Evanga-Cubes! Here is a separate link showing this item in action. From this same supplier, wrist bands that say "Yo Soy Segundo", promoting the "I am Second" campaign, are also excellent witness tools that the youth love to wear to point out their putting God first and in their native (spanish) tongue!! ;-)
- Water Filters - Put to great use in Peru as the water traditionally gets boiled before drinking. These filters removes that need. See link for more information.
- If you are able, and we have had contributions in the past that are very well received, of such items as reading glasses, clothing items, toothbrushes, soccer balls, toys, etc. Obviously, if you are a service provider (dentist, doctor, nurse, construction, teacher, etc.) please let us know if you would like to do some missionary visit! We would very much love to have you!!
- We are always in need of current items at the mission, as it is so new (furniture, kitchen appliances, soccer balls, etc), so do check with us (list will always be changing) if there is something like this that you can support our acquiring.
- As always, word of mouth about our ministry is very important! Please like our facebook page, share the link to it and our website, tell others about us.
Everything helps! thank you again for your kind support! Please tell your friends about our ministry!
Spanish scripture items (that we at LAMA can never get enough of in our ministry work):
- Pocket Testament League (assorted prices)
- Bilingual New Testaments ($3.49 each)
- BiblicaDirect - Spanish Childrens New Testament (bulk $1.99)
- BiblicaDirect - Spanish Childrens Bibles (@4.50 case price)
- BiblicaDirect - Spanish New Testament (bulk $1.09)
- BiblicaDirect - Would you like to know Jesus? (age 2-5) (bulk $.85)
- BiblicaDirect - NVI The Story of Jesus - Spanish (bulk $.25)
- BiblicaDirect - NVI Gospel of John Bookazine - Spanish (bulk $.49)
- BiblicaDirect - The Survivors Booklet in Spanish (bulk $.25)
Any items to be sent to LAMA are best to use our San Diego mailing address, and they will be taken to the field on one of the twice-annual missionary trips. (This will eliminate any rediculous international shipping charges which we are still researching how to fix in the future.) Our mailing address is on the right of most pages on this website. Obviously all non-financial donations should pursue the tax benefit from the website you are ordering the items for. Our 501c tax information is on the bottom of our webpage if needed. God bless you for your considering the christian needs of the people of Peru.